Edmund Dehn as Judge Minty
Found more comics at a carboot on bank holiday monday.
stack of 1981 2000ad’s with this beauty in there amongst others. I decided to scan it in as they were a dusty bunch.
Awesome find Earthlet!!
Future Crimes Of Mega-City One!
- Scrawling-Low-level crime of graffiti.(see Unamerican Graffiti,Progs206-07,4-11Apr’81)
- Old Comic Selling-There is big business in vintage comics,esp. 2000AD(of course!see The Comic Pusher,Prog20,9Jul’77)
- Alien Seed Selling-Dangerous animal/plant species sold to unwitting customers(see Alien Seeds,Prog148,19Jan’80).
- Boinging-Illegal use of the miracle plastic(see Palais De Boing,Prog136,27Oct’79)
- Umpty Bagging-Sale of highly addictive Uncle Ump brand candy(see The Umpty Baggers,Progs212-13,23-30May’81).
- Stookie Glanding-Harvesting adifax gland of cute aliens,Stookies,for anti-ageing drug(see The Stookie Glanders,Progs220-21,11-18Jul’81)
- Futsie-Complete violent,usually murderous,mental breakdown caused by “Future Shock”(see 21st Century Futsie,Prog45,31Dec’77).
- Body Sharking-Loved ones placed in suspended animation as collateral for exorbitant loans.Failure to pay sees body sold off for spare parts(see also Organ-Legging-The Body Sharks,Progs209-10,25Apr-2May’81).
- Murder-Still popular in the 22nd century but with many imaginative new methods(see Sob Story,Progs131-32,22-29Sep’70).
- Judge Murder-Very much frowned upon in Mega-City One!!(see Death Of A Judge,Prog137,3Nov’79.
Former art droid,Nigel Dobbyn’s fantastic commission piece of Judge Shadow,dark counterpart to Sonic the Hedgehog.
Meet Slaine’s Tribe~The Red Branch!
In Slaine:The Mini-Series(Progs589-91,27Aug-10Sep’88)we are properly introduced to his tribe,the Red(or Violent)Branch.
A fearsome lot,especially the women(!),who favour going into battle Skyclad(naked)and are all capable,like Slaine,of warping the power of the Earth Goddess through their bodies,often with such ferocity that “their hair stood on end..their bodies swelled up..and some even twisted round in their skins-so that their feet and knees switched to the rear and their heels and calves to the front”!
Having driven the vile Fomorian Sea-Devils from their lands,Slaine outlays his plan to bring other neighbouring tribes together,so that he can gather three more sacred treasures to match their Cauldron Of Blood-that always supplies food and can even bring the dead back to life..
- The Silver Sword of the Moon-that can cut through any metal
- The Flaming Spear of the Sun-that howls for blood and is kept drugged in a draught of crushed poppies to restrain it..and
- The Sacred Stone of Destiny
With these four treasures the Sea-Demons would be defeated and the lands of Tir-Nan-Og finally free!
Great work from earthlet Jon Taylor here:
Playing wiv some black ‘n’ white
Nice inking here by RJW1213.
Judge Death piece I did a while back as part of an art trade with my pal (and fantastic artist) Mike Jackson.