For a start, the title’s different! To save confusion.
For a second point, the synopses are different! Here’s the one for the ‘95 Stallone train-wreck: In a dystopian future, Dredd, the most famous judge is convicted for a crime he did not commit while his murderous counterpart escapes.
Here’s the synopsis for Dredd 3D: In a violent, futuristic city where the police have the authority to act as judge, jury and executioner, a cop teams with a trainee to take down a gang that deals the reality-altering drug, SLO-MO.
See? Totally different, except for the fact the main character is Judge Dredd! So can people stop calling Dredd 3D a remake of Judge Dredd? Dredd 3D is the movie fans wanted in the first place! It’s not a remake, it’s more like a chance to put things right. It’s a new story, so I suppose you could class it as a (very) late sequel with a different cast and a different look!
SO STOP CALLING DREDD 3D A REMAKE OF THE ‘95 JUDGE DREDD MOVIE!!
This issues certainly seems to have got on some peoples’ nerves. Quite right too.
- damnitjohn reblogged this from 2000adonline
- rosscogameface likes this
- toyphotography likes this
- vaguelydoomed reblogged this from 2000adonline
- withaslipofthenip likes this
- dovryn likes this
- wardbcasefiles likes this
- 2000adonline reblogged this from dites-bonjour-au-ciel and added:
- gwaindrifter reblogged this from dites-bonjour-au-ciel
- 2000adonline likes this
- dites-bonjour-au-ciel posted this