Announced Saturday at Wondercon, our friends at IDW continue to expand their Dredd-verse with a new Anderson Psi-Division comic by editorial droid, Matt Smith with art by Carl Critchlow.
- Top: Anderson Psi-Divison
- Anderson Psi-Divison Retail Incentive cover by Chris Weston
- Art from the new comic by Carl Critchlow
- More interior art
You can read an interview with Tharg himself about the new book over on Comic Book Resources.
Judge Dredd: Mega-City Heroes & Villains
More crosshatched classic characters from frequent fan artist, Paul Harrison-Davies, with his take on the crazy inhabitants of Mega-City One, and some of it’s greatest foes..
- Top: Judge Dredd, legendary protector of MC-1, seen here in early career-era uniform
- ‘Chopper’ aka Marlon Shakespeare,in his first incarnation as daredevil graffiti artist
- Judge Death, denizen of a twisted parallel dimension, where life itself is considered a crime!
- Former Mayor Jim Grubb, unfortunate first victim of the deadly airborne fungal virus, Grubb’s Disease
- From the Dredd (2012) movie, “Slo-Mo" drug kingpin, Ma-Ma Madrigal
- Dredd's corrupt clone-brother, Rico, surgically altered to survive the atmosphere on space penal colony, Titan
- James Fenemore ‘Citizen' Snork, determined to stand out from the crowd decided to grow the biggest conk in MC-1!
- Another eccentric Mega-Citizen with BIG dreams - ‘Two-Ton' Tony Tubbs
- Cal-Hab resident comic artist Kenny Who?, travels to MC-1 to take on the big publishing houses who’ve been reproducing his art as their own
Character Design: Nemesis the Warlock - Kevin O’Neill
Coming back with a vengeance to our somewhat ir-regular features on the process behind character design & development, are these fascinating early sketches for Nemesis The Warlock series, by their co-creator, twisted genius Kevin O’Neill! (League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen)
- Top: Preliminary sketches for Nemesis' scheming Great Uncle Baal, note the variations in horn shapes and gaping maws..
- ..and the finished version - a wily old Warlock, with fallen horns and bad hooves, who was banished to the Nether Worlds for his continued ghoulish experiments on human beings!
- Charming rough drawings of the first stages in designing a beloved character - Nemesis' familiar Grobbendonk..
- ..as you can see from this finished version, speaking his own Fringe World dialect, Gibberish, Grobbendonk hasn’t changed much from the O’Neill droid’s original vision.
- Dynamic pencil layouts for the very first Nemesis The Warlock cover and Pat Mills and O’Neill's concept of Comic Rock..
- Comic Rock only lasted 2 episodes: 1)Prog 167 - Going Underground, based on the pop song by The Jam (see finished cover above) & 2) Prog 168 -
Killer Watt from rock anthem by AC/DC - both stories take elements from the songs and set them in the brutal, crazy world of Termight - Earth, thousands of years in the future! Edit: Killer Watt, as pointed out to me by Earthlet Lee Jones, is not the title of an AC/DC album or song as I had incorrectly surmised, but a heavy rock compilation album entitled Killer Watts feat. Judas Priest, Ted Nugent, Blue Oyster Cult, Aerosmith & others, and more importantly adorned with a cover depicting surging electricity pylons and ominous-looking speaker stacks/teleporters? - hence the inspiration for Mills & O’Neill's strip! (see below)
[For more of your favourite characters origins and development, click on the link at the top.]
Galaxy’s Greatest Comic™ Characters!
Gorgeous 2000AD crosshatched character sketches, from firm fan art favourite, Paul Harrison-Davies - keep ‘em coming Earthlet Paul!
- Mutant bounty hunter, Johnny Alpha - Strontium Dog.
- Alpha's 'norm' partner, displaced viking, Wulf Sternhammer.
- Alpha and Sternhammer’s resident medic and sidekick, the (not-so!) timid, Gronk!
- Teenage delinquent, Waldo ‘D.R’ Dobbs, and equally psychotic best friend…
- …Ernest Errol Quinch, the other half of D.R. & Quinch!
- Founder and creator of Ro-Busters®, cyborg business mogul, Howard Quartz - 'Mr. Ten Per-Cent'.
- From Mega-City One to Brit-Cit (via the planet, Verdus!), Sam Slade: Robo-Hunter always gets his droid!
- Green-skinned genius, alien editor of the Galaxy’s Greatest Comic, our founder..Tharg the Mighty!
- Alien freedom fighter, holder of the Sword Sinister, Nemesis the Warlock - “Credo!”
Dredd runs afoul of some spectres, including what looks like Judge Death at the top there, in this cool fan art from Irish illustrator and animator, Paul Bolger.
Latest Releases: Judge Dredd Megazine #347 Review
In this month’s marvellous Megazine we have mutants, mind-reading, monsters and mayhem!
JUDGE DREDD // RAD TO THE BONE 
Mega-City One, 2136 AD: Once home to 400 million citizens, the recent catastrophic effects of Chaos Day have left the city decimated, with just 50 million survivors from this disaster it has left parts of the Big Meg teetering on the brink of total anarchy. Only the Judges, empowered to dispense instant justice can prevent further tragedy, and toughest of all these legal guardians is Judge Dredd - He is the Law! Now Dredd is in a fight for his life against a mysterious Judge-killer…T.C. Eglington(w) / Boo Cook(a)
DEMARCO, P.I. // THE WHISPER 
SovSec, the ruins of Mega-City Two, 2136 AD. Galen DeMarco was once a Judge, a rising star operating out of the corrupt dumping ground that was Sector House 301 aka The Pit. But she quit the force after one romantic indiscretion too many and set herself up as a private investigator. Now, DeMarco is determined to learn the truth behind the disappearances in MC-2’s SovSec…Michael Carroll(w) / Steve Yeowell(a)
TALES FROM MC-1 // THE IRRATIONAL LOTTERY
Mega-City One, 2136 AD. In a metropolis the size of the Big Meg, from the back alleys of City Bottom to the penthouses atop Ricardo Montalban Block, there are limitless tales waiting to be told. Take the case of the brief craze for illegal vid-show the Irrational Lottery, which gave juve Yvette Runge an escape from the misery of living in CammyClegg Block…T.C. Eglington(w) / Jon Davis-Hunt(a)
ANDERSON, PSI-DIVISION // DEAD END 
Mega-City One, 2136 AD. Psi-Division is a section within Justice Department that specialises in Judges with accentuated psychic talents – from precognition and telepathy to exorcism, it is at the forefront in the war against supernatural crime. Cass Anderson is Psi-Div’s top telepath, but she has been psychically influenced into trying to kill herself by a mystery perp…Alan Grant(w) / Mike Dowling(a)
- FEATURES: Screen Story - Godzilla
- Interrogation: - Artist, Mike Dowling
- Interrogation: Irish artist Declan Shalvey
- Text Story: Judge Dredd: One Way Ticket (pt.1) - Johnathan Green
Bonus Reprint Material: JANUS PSI-DIVISION mini-GN. Grant Morrison / Mark Millar(w). Paul Johnson(a).
Preview - Prog 1877
Judge Dredd // Mega-City Confidential
Mega-City One, 2136 AD: Once home to 400 million citizens, the recent catastrophic effects of Chaos Day have left the city decimated, with just 50 million survivors from this disaster it has left parts of the Big Meg teetering on the brink of total anarchy. Only the Judges, empowered to dispense instant justice can prevent further tragedy, and toughest of all these legal guardians is Judge Dredd - He is the Law! Now, Justice Department Section 7 operative Erika Easterhouse has passed on secrets to radio host Max Blixen…John Wagner(w).Colin MacNeill(a)
Outlier // Part 3
Alliance Territory, the far future. Former policeman Carcer is now a private investigator, highly sought after for his formidable detective skills, his artificial eyes allowing him to see beyond the visible spectrum, also give him a definite edge. Now he is on the trail of a mysterious killer…T.C. Eglington(w).Karl Richardson(a).
Sláine // A Simple Killing
Albion, in a time of legend. Celtic warrior Sláine united the tribes of the Earth Goddess Danu to become High King of Ireland. After ruling for 7 years, he fought across different eras of time for the Goddess, returning to save his people from the Formorian sea devils. Now he’s encountered an escapee from the Isle of Monadh, who informs him of the Drune Lords' latest evil deeds…Pat Mills(w).Simon Davis(a).
Sinister Dexter // Gun Shy
Generica, a colony planet. Once the best hitmen money could buy in the Euro-City of Downlode, Ramone Dexter and Finnegan Sinister have been relocated off-world with former DPD officer Tracey Weld. Along with case worker Piper DuPres, they’re travelling across country - and have now been caught in a war between a local biker gang and a cult…Dan Abnett(w).Smudge(a).
Jaegir // Strigoi
The Greater Nordland Republic. With the Nort and Souther forces engaged in a galaxy-wide war, it is the duty of officers such as Kapiten-Inspector Atalia Jaegir of the Nordland State Security Police to root out and investigate war criminals amongst her own ranks.
An experienced soldier, she knows first-hand the horrors created by this conflict, and to this end she now works for the Office of Genetic Purity to hunt down a rogue soldier turned strigoi. Gordon Rennie(w).Simon Coleby(a).
Smashing cover art!: Judge Dredd - Ben Wilsher.